The Barnyard Bible Study

A place to discuss the Bible and its implications on life as we know it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento Valley,Ca., United States

Just an every day American countryboy, constitutional federalist and God-fearing Patriot.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Victorious Steps of Life

Galatians 2:17-20 "But if while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

These verses are the capstone of my walk as a believer. It shows that there are two sides warring within, yet Christ must prevail. If he does not prevail in my life and in my actions, then I have not proven Christ to be a liar. I have simply allowed myself to live contrary to my new nature. To go back to my old lifestyle is simply to prove that I have not completely given God that specific area of my life.

Christ and I were crucified. Yet, because I died with him, I too was raised in Him and he in me. For that reason, Christ lives in me and through me. The decisions that I make should reflect Jesus and his lifestyle. And this life that I do live, I live it according to my belief in Christ knowing that he wants all but evil for me.

1) I should not be afraid to minister to people because Christ is living in me, and I no longer live.
2) I should be faithful to pray for people and myself even when I am bored of it because Christ is living in me, and I no longer live.
3) I should be committed to my God given relationships because...
4) I should have no problem with overcoming sin in my life because...
5) I should be skilled at ministering to believers who want change in their own lives because...

5 Comments:

Blogger Goat said...

Great post William, I am glad you made it finally. Once we truelly give ourselves to Him, He will take the lead. We will trip and stumble along the way though as long as we maintain our grasp on His Hand we will not fail.I cannot limit His Glory in any way, the Bible states I came from the earth, it does not say how long it took, who am I to question that?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

As men I believe that through this chapter and those following it shows our roll toward family and our responsibilty to support families. The Lord gave us the responsibilty, we must honor it !!!

10:01 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

Left you a comment on your Oct. 30 creation of life

7:20 AM  
Blogger William said...

Pastor T.,

I actually wrote this entry. Are you saying that this is out of the realm of Orthodox teachings? I that's not what you are saying.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

The only thing this post is out of line with is The Way of Pastor Tim. Ah, but we've already established that Pastor Tim is out of the mainstream, himself, with his clinging to the law in the face of grace. Yeesh. Why he does not still sacrifice young bullocks on an altar is beyond me.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home