The Barnyard Bible Study

A place to discuss the Bible and its implications on life as we know it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento Valley,Ca., United States

Just an every day American countryboy, constitutional federalist and God-fearing Patriot.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Creation of Man

Chapter 2

1

Thus the heavens and the earth were
finished, and all the host of them.

2

And on the
seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day
from all his work
which he had made. Heb 4:4

3

And
God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it:
because that in it he had rested
from all his work which God created and
made.

4

These
are the generations of the heavens
and of the earth when they were created, in
the day that the LORD God made
the earth and the heavens,

5

And every plant of the
field before it was in the earth,
and every herb of the field before it
grew: for the LORD God had not caused it
to rain upon the earth, and there
was not a man to till the ground.

6

But there went up a
mist from the earth, and watered the
whole face of the ground.

7

And the LORD God formed man
of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living
soul.
1 Cor 15:45

8

And the LORD God planted a
garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree
that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in
the
midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

10

And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and
from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11

The name of the first is Pison: that is it which
compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

12

And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and
the onyx stone.

13

And the name of the second
river is
Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of
Ethiopia.

14

And the name of the third river is
Hiddekel: that is it
which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth
river is Euphrates.

15

And the LORD God took the man,
and put him into the
garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16

And the
LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every
tree of the garden thou mayest
freely eat:

17

But
of the tree of the knowledge of
good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for
in the day that thou eatest thereof
thou shalt surely die.

18

And the LORD God said, It is
not good that the man
should be alone; I will make him an help meet for
him.

19

And out of the ground the LORD God formed
every beast
of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam
to see
what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living
creature,
that was the name thereof.

20

And Adam gave
names
to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the
field;
but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam,
and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead
thereof;

22

And the rib, which the LORD God had
taken
from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of
my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24

Therefore shall a man leave
his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be
one
flesh.
Mt 19:5 Mark
10:7
1 Cor 6:16 Eph 5:31

25

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and
were not ashamed.
.
Chapter two invokes our stewardship of the land and our duties to our partner in life as wife and mother of our children. It also brings to light the distinction between good and evil and the separation of the rest of His creations from man as we have that ability to know the difference beyond an instinctive level. I believe man is born with the same instincts as his counterparts here in Eden, the desire to survive and be fruitful, basic natural instinct and without spiritual guidance evil shows a stronger hand. I hope this philosophical discussion can grow as we work our way through the Torah and the prophets with many stops along the way. I have many arguments born of The Enlightenment and my personal search for His Truth. I am not a traditional Christian, I will in the coming weeks place ideas and thoughts out there that are rather radical on the surface though deeply devoted to our Lord. I hope for the civil discussion I am unable to find in traditional Bible studies and if you have read my main blog you will know I am very conservative. I truelly hope my fellow contributers will join with me on this walk through our faith's history book and I pray others will join us as we search for His Salvation.

7 Comments:

Blogger Goat said...

Now a Bible study is hardly a study if there is a lone contributer and few comments, I am open to improvement ideas. I do intend to work our way theough the Great Book and hope to fuel intelligent discourse as debate inspires learning and study.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Here's the main flaw I see with your flawless logic:

Adam and Eve weren't my parents, and I'm guessing they weren't yours either. Did God create more people that we were never told about? I was just wondering how we could go from two people to six billion...

--==/ Someone had to say it \==--

8:27 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

But then again, I'm a robot and have no soul.

So I'll steal yours!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Goat said...

Ok, robot, good question, Genesis chapter 1 is the greatest metaphor ever as it it gives a brilliant and very beautiful description of man's view of life 5000 years ago. How does this vary from the secular viewoint and the scientific view. I was created from the Earth, primordial ooze, the Bible states this, it does not provide a time frame. It is your logic that is lost in time, not mine. I salute your personal will to visit a hostile ,in your mind, site. Robot , perhaps you should read the Torah and your question will be answered, poste haste.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

Oh and just as the Apple II may be your parent, Adam and Eve are mine!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

I am an evolutionary creationist,I can not limit His Glory. Robot, I am happy to debate this with you on an adult educated level as it brings insight and personal involvement to a Bible study. I just ask for civility, that is all.

10:31 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

An evolutionary Creationist. That's an interesting one. I like to watch people try to make sense of religion. Mix up the miricles w/science. I've tried it myself. It'll drive you nuts. you are fighting a losing battle. the church people will reject you because, you are going to far & the secular would rather have science w/out religion mixed in. I decided the only truth for me is agosticism(sp?)

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home