The Barnyard Bible Study

A place to discuss the Bible and its implications on life as we know it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento Valley,Ca., United States

Just an every day American countryboy, constitutional federalist and God-fearing Patriot.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Verses 25-34

The final verses of Matt.6 touch exactly on Karen's excellent writing about what being a Christian is . It is about taking His hand and believing without a doubt that He is the Lord and will guide your life in the ways He needs it to go because He has a purpose and meaning for us.
33- Seek yee first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these
will be unto you.
34-Therefore take no thought for the morrow; for
the morrow shall
take thought for the things of
itself.Sufficient unto the day is
the evil there of .

These are tough verses as they put faith in a nutshell, simple yet so complex we have been discussing it for millinia. I have done my human best to believe and life is working quite well, I love my job, I have wonderful friends and family, a comfortable little house in a country town and I credit it not to me but to the Spirit He instilled in me. It has been a wild ride through every briarpatch and swamp, with their mix of characters along the way, and I could not trade the lessons He has tought me along the way. As He states in this Sermon on the Mount " The gate is not wide nor the way straight " . He wants to lead you, you have to let Him, and then build your house upon the Rock of Salvation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home