The Barnyard Bible Study

A place to discuss the Bible and its implications on life as we know it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento Valley,Ca., United States

Just an every day American countryboy, constitutional federalist and God-fearing Patriot.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Closet and actions vs.words

Goat you ask
What is the "closet"? Does it mean we should be silent and pliant? Or does it mean we should let our actions speak louder than words as this predominately Christian nation's history has shown?

Matthew 6:6

I believe that the closet is a place for prayer. my closet is kneeling by my bed or couch. however I have learned thas as I get older It is easier to pray lying on my bed or my couch while I pray. ;}

There are times, when we are ask to pray for someone, and I pray for that person then. Such as when they are hospitalized. or desperately needs to here our prayer on their behalf.

( I pray everywhere also. I am sure that if i were falling in a wall upside down, I would really be praying upside down!)

does it mean we should let our actions speak louder than words as this predominately Christian nation's history has shown?


It would seem to me that our words and actions should be in tandom, as in a team of mules. If the first mule, I will call him (actions) wantst to go one way and the other mule I will call him (words) are trying to go In oposite directions, The farmer knows it and has to get them to work together In order to get anything done.

I believe that When we take least notice of our good deeds ourselves, God takes most notice of them. He will reward us, not as a master who gives his servant what he earns, and no more, but as a Father who gives abundantly to his son that serves him.

God know our hearts, and as long as we have an honest heart toward God I know he will lead us through any mistakes we make and make all things work together for our good because He loves us.Romans 8:28
Matthew Henry in his commentary says,
When the christians act out of character, corrections will be employed to bring them back again. And here is the order of the causes of our salvation, a golden chain, one which cannot be broken. 1. Whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son.
I believe that. God is a good God all the time. I hope something here makes sense. just my musings.
Karen

2 Comments:

Blogger Goat said...

I prefer my window sill and I look up, eyes wide open for His Glory,shoot I pray all the time anyplace,anytime,I am flawed and I now live to support the miracle of His forgiveness as a recipient of that Glory.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

God hears all our prayers whether in a closet, or in the street. According to His Word, He knows the desires of our hearts before we voice them.

Therefore, Even when we cry, laugh, worry, despair, complain, blame, rejoice, or etc, it is a prayer.

We must get Pastor Tim in on this. Great idea, Goat!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home