The Barnyard Bible Study

A place to discuss the Bible and its implications on life as we know it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento Valley,Ca., United States

Just an every day American countryboy, constitutional federalist and God-fearing Patriot.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Where To Begin,The Genesis

This is the launch date and I will improve the site as time goes on. I would like to discuss Matthew ch.6 as a starting point. I am one of those Christians that chooses my closet to the street corner or regular appearences for the social group on Sunday at the local church. What is the "closet"? Does it mean we should be silent and pliant? Or does it mean we should let our actions speak louder than words as this predominately Christian nation's history has shown?I am not a Bible expert quoter though I have read it as an atheist and a Christian and I hope to learn as much here as I have in my 25 year walk with the Lord. I was reborn in 1982 with the support of many young friends in Young Life that exercised beautiful Christian support to guide me to His hand and you can be sure I never expected this journey to be so filled with excitement and tribulation. I hope we can undertake this fantastic journey together and look forward to what I hope to be a great discussion. I intend to invite all my blogger buddies as co editors.

Update:Thanks Karen and it appears class has begun already, wow, this is great!.I like Matt. ch6 for several reasons, it affirms the personal relationship with the Lord away from the constrictions of organized worship.I have no problems with organized religion and personally lean toward the teachings of the Vatican except for their intercessionary philosophy. I believe in a close personal relationship as Christ joins with you in your journey through life on a personal level.
I know with Karen here already the site will hop, Bibles open and type away.

1 Comments:

Blogger NannyKaren said...

Goat I will gladly accept your Invitation. Thank you.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home