The Barnyard Bible Study

A place to discuss the Bible and its implications on life as we know it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento Valley,Ca., United States

Just an every day American countryboy, constitutional federalist and God-fearing Patriot.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Evolutionary Creationism

I see the incredible brilliance and beauty of the metaphorical prose written a few millennia ago, and I understand the sheer expanse of that beauty as being far beyond comprehension.
Genesis ch.1 is the most powerful metaphor ever written, as His breath stirred the waters of Life. Clarence Darrow arguing in the defense pointed out that the Bible did not provide a time frame, as he cross examined William Jennings Bryan, the prosecuter, in the most brilliant court move of the century. I found Darrow's argument brilliant and Bryant's very uninformed and as a result I was able to reconcile my curious mind and find the Lord. How can I limit or explain what He can do? I exist and learn everyday and give thanks, that is a miracle in itself what more proof do I need? If you have ever stared into the heavens or just watched the cycle of of the seasons and the growth of little critters including our own, how could you not believe?
I as man was created by Him of the Earth and through eons He tought us about life and gave us the instincts to evolve. The greater metaphor, is we arrive blank and have to learn and His magical spell allows us to grow, the beauty is He invites us to walk with Him on that wild journey of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home