The Barnyard Bible Study

A place to discuss the Bible and its implications on life as we know it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento Valley,Ca., United States

Just an every day American countryboy, constitutional federalist and God-fearing Patriot.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Genesis cont.

Before I write about verse two, I have some wonderful news! I have another Great Gandchild, a boy.So I have been busy helping Mom and Nana...His Name Is JC For James Carl.
they call me Great Nanny, and blessing after blessing just keeps on following me! thank God For this new Little life.

Genesis 1:
v. 1.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.



v. 2
And the earth was without form, and void; darkness was upon the face of the deep . And the Spirit of God moved upon the
face of the waters.

If you will noticed the Earth was without form and it was void (empty): Everything was dark upon the face of the deep, until The Holy Spirit moved upon the face of the waters, bringing order out of Chaos.

Hebrews 11:
v 3.Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Faith has been and will always be what marks Gods people, from the beginning of the world.I am so thankful for all of the many blessings I have been blessed with.

The first verse of the Bible gives us a satisfying and useful account of the origin of the earth and the heavens. The faith of humble Christians understands this better than the fancy of the most learned men.

From what we see of heaven and earth, we learn the power of the great Creator. And let our make and place as men, remind us of our duty as Christians, always to keep heaven in our eye, and the earth under our feet. The Son of God, one with the Father, was with him when he made the world;

NO, we are often told that the world was made by him, and nothing was made without him. What high thoughts should there be in our minds, of that great God whom we worship, and of that great Mediator in whose name we pray! And here, at the beginning of the sacred book, we read of that Divine Spirit, whose work upon the heart of man is so often mentioned in other parts of the Bible. Observe, that at first there was nothing desirable to be seen, for the world was without form,
and void;
it was confusion, and emptiness. In like manner the work of grace in the soul is a new creation: and in a graceless soul, one that is not born again, there is disorder, confusion, and every evil work: it is empty of all good, for it is without God; it is dark, it is darkness itself: this is our condition by nature, till Almighty grace works a change in us.
(Ge 1:3-5) 3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

For some reason, I never have believed In Evolution. Maybe it is because having lost my mother at the tender age of 4, I seemed to have been plugged in to God, always looking forward to that time of reunion, when this life is over on the earth, and I join her,in heaven... I guess you could say I have keept my eyes upon Jesus and my feet upon the earth since that year, 1943, when she died at the young age of 26 years.I have never doubted that God created the world. I do not know why, but I just never have not believed that I can remember...

1 Comments:

Blogger Goat said...

Hey congrats on the little young man, Nanny Karen.Great post!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home